Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Walkin' Whiskey - The Nightmare Whiskey Golem (Malifaux)


Today I am pleased to show off my winning entry in r/minipainting's recent painting competition - my Nightmare Whiskey Golem.

So whoever thought to put the words "Whiskey" and "Golem" together - then sculpt it with a ton of drunken gremlins hanging off of it - probably deserves some kind of medal.

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for this figure; it feels like the perfect marriage of whimsy and menace. Being a limited edition Gen Con model from a few years back, it can be difficult to find one, but they do pop up on eBay from time to time. Lucky for me, there was a reasonably priced one available at the start of the competition that I was able to claim for my own.

Wyrd also makes a decidedly less threatening "regular" Whiskey Golem. Don't be surprised if I pick that one up, too, and paint him to match.

Enjoy a few more photos of this guy.







No comments:

Post a Comment