Thursday, October 8, 2015

Painting Frankenstein

A ton of commission work just landed on my table, so I doubt I'll be able to finish this guy before Halloween rolls around. And that's a shame, because Frankenstein and Halloween go together like hot dogs and peanut butter.

What, you don't like peanut butter?

This is my first time painting a Malifaux model, and let me tell you - they're much more fun to paint than they are to assemble. Great detail packed into tiny bits of plastic. After working with Reaper Bones for so long, painting this Flesh Construct has been a blast of fresh air.

Base coated and washed. Not sure about the green undercoat yet but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

A couple hours of layering later and that reanimated ass is looking fine.

Against my better judgement, I'll be putting off the commission jobs for one more night so I can keep going on Frank here. The plan is to layer more flesh tone on, with the next layer being very pale, then topping it off with ever paler highlights in select spots.

And then he'll sit on the shelf, unfinished, for like a month while I grind away on modern infantry units. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment